855crown is excited to offer you a wide range of exciting Asian handicap betting odds.Handicapped betting system was originated in Asia in 21st century. This unique betting system got huge popularity in Asian countries and even outside of Asia. This is actually a type of odds used especially in football betting. In our sports betting site (855crown.asia) it is expressed as 1/2. In this betting system, the stronger team which has more possibility of winning is termed as ‘Favorite’ and the weaker team is termed as ‘Underdog’. To give the bettors a leveled betting environment with almost equal winning opportunity, the favorite team is given a handicap and the underdog team is given a head start before starting the game.
So, there are only two possible outcomes instead of three (win, loss, draw) in Asian handicap system. Asian handicaps usually range from 1-quarter goal to several goals and reduce the predicted outcome from 3 to 2 by excluding the draw option. So, bettors have 50% chance of winning every time betting on Asian handicap. Final result of a match doesn’t matter in Asian handicap. For example, you might wager on an underdog team, that might lose by a goal but still winning the bet just because of the favorite team had handicaps. So, in Asian handicap odds, to win a bet on stronger team, the team must ensure win with a specific margin otherwise only a win won’t work.
There are number of reasons why Asian handicap odd system is preferred by most punters. In traditional fixed odds system there are 3 possible outcomes (win, draw, loss) and therefore you have 33% chance of winning. As there is no draw option in Asian handicap betting system, chances of winning increases from 33.3% to 50% in no time.
Different Types of Asian Handicaps:
New punters find Asian handicaps to be confusing and complex just because different sportsbooks express the handicaps in different ways. So, 855crown is here to get you out of confusion. Get all the available types of Asian handicaps explained in one place –
- The 0.5 Asian Handicap: An example of 0.5 handicap is –1.85 Real Madrid (-0.5) Vs Barcelona (+0.5) 1.85Here 1.85 indicates the available odds and figures in brackets indicate the handicaps. The figure (-0.5) indicates that Real Madrid is half a goal down and (+0.5) indicates that Barcelona is half a goal ahead at the very beginning of the match.
If you wager on Real Madrid, you will win the bet only if Real Madrid wins the match.
If you wager on Barcelona, you will win the bet if Barcelona wins or draws the match.
- The 0 Asian Handicap: A (0) Asian handicap is offered when chance of either team winning is quite equal. Your bet wins if your team wins. If it is draw, your stake is returned.
- The 1 Asian Handicap: 1.85 Real Madrid (-1) Vs Barcelona (+1) 1.85If you wager on Real Madrid, your bet wins only if RM wins by at least 2 clear goals. If they win by 1 goal, your stake is refunded.If you wager on Barcelona, your bet wins if Barcelona wins or draw. If they lose by 1 goal, your stake is refunded.
- The 1.5 Asian Handicap: 1.85 Real Madrid (-1.5) Vs Barcelona (+1.5) 1.85If you wager on Real Madrid, your bet wins only if RM wins by at least 2 clear goals.If you wager on Barcelona, your bet wins if Barcelona wins or draw.
- The Double Asian Handicap: In double Asian handicap system, wager is split into two parts.Example: Real Madrid (-1/2, -1) Vs Barcelona (+1/2, +1)The example indicates that half of your stake is placed on Real Madrid’s -1/2 goal and remaining half is placed on Real Madrid’s -1 goal. Winning or losing a bet is calculated in the method mentioned above.
Double Asian handicaps are often expressed in decimals. If expressed in decimals, this example will look like –
Real Madrid (-0.75) Vs Barcelona (+0.75) [The decimal numbers indicate the midpoint between the two handicaps]
- Double Handicap 0, 0.5: An example of double handicap is –Real Madrid -0.25 (0, -0.5) Vs Barcelona +0.25 (0, 0.5)If you wager on Real Madrid, your bet wins if RM wins by one or more goals. If RM draws, 50 percent of your stake is lost and remaining 50 percent is refunded.
If you wager on Barcelona, your bet wins if Barcelona wins. If they draw, 50 percent of your stake is returned.
In the same way there are some other types of handicaps such as ‘Double Asian Handicap 0.5, 1’, ‘Bookmakers Handicap Odds’ and ‘In-Running Handicaps’. Remember that in-running handicap is considered for the remaining time of the match,; not for the whole 90 minutes.
Responsible Gaming :